ABOUT LOUIS MAALOUF
President & Broker
Louis Maalouf is a business professional with over 25 years
of retail, real estate, financing and business development
experience and has an outstanding record in the direct management
of all phases of real estate and retail operations. An enthusiastic
team player, leader and strategic thinker, an effective planner
and skilled negotiator, and a results oriented hands-on operator.
Since 1991, as Broker and Consultant, and previously as Vice
President of Real Estate and Development for a national retail
- Managed the real estate portfolio of a national retail
chain, with over 230 locations and in excess of 4.2 million
- Completed more than 200 real estate transactions, encompassing
over 5 million square feet, which included retail, industrial,
and commercial acquisitions, sales, dispositions and lease
renewals, covering both corporate and commercial sectors.
- Wound down and disposed of two retail networks, one in
Canada and the second in the U.S.
- Maintained one of the lowest occupancy cost ratios (3.5%)
and occupancy rates ($12.00/sq.ft. Gross) in the retail
industry, and secured improvements and inducements from
landlords that averaged over $35.00/sq.ft.
- Completed the development of 3 distribution centres,
the construction of over 70 projects and new stores, and
the renovation of over 100 retail showrooms.
- Lead the design, development, execution and management
of several new retail formats, including a Jewellery store,
over 200 pick-up and drop off points that ranged in size
from free standing kiosks to over 5,000 sq.ft., toy and
catalogue store combination stores that ranged in size from
10,000 to over 40,000 sq.ft., grocer and catalogue store
combinations, to name a few.
- Modularized the production of fixtures, improved construction
sourcing and bid processes, expedited the development of
retail plans through the introduction of auto CAD and streamlined
store, market and network openings, closings and relocations.
- Improved store, market, and network assessments through
the introduction of geographic information systems, retail
and real estate network modeling applications.
- More recently completed business plans, market and feasibility
studies and secured financing for retail, wholesale and
logistics companies, with annual sales that ranged from
10 to over 500 million, and real estate projects, including
housing and hotel projects, that ranged from 2 million to
over 100 million.
- Facilitated the sourcing of imports for local wholesalers
and secured favorable payment terms; that ranged from 30
to over 90 days, without the requirement to post letters
- Acted for and successfully resolved disputes between
major Landlords and Tenants.
In the 3 years prior to 1991, as Vice President of Business
Development, lead the development, execution and management
of several retail business initiatives, including:
- The development and roll-out of a franchise programme
to a national retail chain and franchised over 30 stores,
at a cost of over $20 Million in less than 2 years.
- The development of a concessionaire/Agency programme,
and the roll-out of the programme to over 200 locations
within two years, and generated over $100 million in sales
- The development of two telemarketing centres, one in
Toronto and the second in Montreal, including telemarketing,
telephony and self serve kiosk technology and logistics
facilities and systems, and generated over $25 million in
- The development and roll-out of a pick up/drop off joint
venture programme with Canada Post.
Previously as Vice President and Director of Retail Operations:
Go To Top
- Managed the retail operation of a national retail chain
with over $700 million in annual sales, 3,600 employees
and over 220 locations, including responsibility for human
resource, loss prevention, reverse logistics, mail order
and business development departments. Achieved good sales
growth and drop in store operating costs. Also, maintained
harmonious labour relations, both in unionized and non-unionized
environments, developed and introduced effective training
programmes, increased labour productivity, improved in-store
inventory controls, customer service and reduced in store